About Me

I am a typical college girl, I have an amazing love for ORANGE, COWBOYS and my car Cuppie. I do reviews on anything from children, pets, home items all the way to food and make up.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A fall tradition....The Pumpkin Patch

Hi everyone! It's Ashley here. Well, if you haven't already noticed. It's fall and fall is my absolute favorite time of year! I'm not sure if it's the cooler temps, the pumpkins, the delicious (and fattening) comfort food, football season, fairs and festivals, the changing of leaves, the smell of cinnamon, or just knowing that the holidays are fastly approaching, but I LOVE FALL! So, to celebrate, my husband and I took our two children to Mitchell Farm in Collins, MS (http://mitchellfarms-ms.com/) a few weeks ago. The day was Saturday, October1. That day was their 1st Annual Peanut Festival and the opening of their pumpkin patch. It was Christian's 3rd time to go to Mitchell Farms and Presley's 1st time. You would think that boocoodles of pictures were taken of my two but they weren't. Why? Because my hubby forgot his camera. So, out popped the trusty Samsung Galaxy to the rescue. I think I managed to take just 4 pictures. I wasn't too upset because I knew we would be returning the following week for a birthday party. And boy, did we take pictures on October 8-too many pictures.

Christian's fave part was the huge sandpile and all the dump trucks he got to play with. Yes, I have a country boy at heart. Presley loved that she was able to strut her stuff. You would've thought that she was the model of Mitchell Farms. I enjoyed riding the trailor ride and learning that pumpkin seeds have to be watered as soon as they're planted. I didn't know that sunflowers require water as soon as they're picked. Did you? I posted a few pics for you to see. I would love to hear about how you're celebrating fall with your families.

P.S. If you love photo contests like I do, I encourage you to submit your children's fall photos to Whimsy Wildflower. You can visit her blog at http://whimsywildflower.blogspot.com/. Her fb page is  https://www.facebook.com/WhimsyWildflowers
Just email her up to 5 pictures and 6 winners will be chosen to receive custom pieces from her collection. Be sure to check her out and tell her that her friend, Ashley, sent you. Her email is whimsywildflower@yahoo.com

One more fun fall giveaway is from Thymes. I love Thymes products! If you haven't tried them, you definitely should. Right now on their site http://www.thymes.com/Autumn/, you can share your favorite fall memory. Three lucky submissions will receive a complete set of their Wildwood Collection (valued at $171.00). You better hurry. Both contests end on October 31! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment