About Me

I am a typical college girl, I have an amazing love for ORANGE, COWBOYS and my car Cuppie. I do reviews on anything from children, pets, home items all the way to food and make up.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holy Smokes I'm Sick

Okay, so this week my blog hours have taken a sick day. I am sick as can be, no voice, stuffy nose, bad cough and no energy. But I did say I would blog every week, so I am blogging and I will be working on my reviews more today so hopefully they will make it up this weekend. Doctor says I should be feeling better by then, but let me just say going from a cold to broncitis really just kills me. Maybe next year I will say I wont get sick, since this happened last year too!

Let me just say how proud I am to be an Oklahoma State University Cowboy! I am so proud of the team for pulling out that win and for all be amazing and remembering the 4. Also, if you have no idea why the referenced the gundy after the win, head over to youtube and search teach me how to gundy. It will put a smile on your face!

Do you have kids in college? Do you think the prices are crazy for a textbook? Do you think that tuition goes up to much every year? Well here are a few tips on how I save money during my college career. Look in to renting textbooks, I dont do this because I love to keep my books and write in them, but renting a textbook can be less then half the price of the book. Buy the books online, great deals at half.com or amazon.com even barns and noble sales textbooks at lower prices then the on campus or near campus stores. I got all four of my books needed for this semester for $180, my books if I had gotten them through the school would have cost me over $450. I got all my books for under the price of just one of my books. All my books came brand new in the package and I of course used ebates to buy the books so I get cash back! Do you have a question on how to save on books? Feel free to leave me a comment and I will help you out! Now for that tuition hike problem, I know OSU offers a tuition lock program, while I do not use this I know a few students who do. The price is slightly higher then what I pay currently, but my price can change and theirs will not. It could save you thousands of dollars if started freshman year. Something else to look in to.

But here we go with our reciepe, this is what I eat every time I am sick since I dont like chicken noodle..I know how unAmerican of me. I eat Pho, an amazing chicken or beef Vietnamese noodle soup.

Ingredients

  1. 2 unpeeled yellow onions, quartered
  2. Three 1/2-inch-thick slices of fresh ginger, smashed
  3. 4 quarts cold water
  4. 3 pounds chicken bones or chicken wings
  5. One 3 1/2-pound chicken, quartered
  6. 1 tablespoon salt
  7. 2 teaspoons sugar
  8. 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
  9. 1 pound dried rice noodles
  10. 1 scallion, thinly sliced
  11. 1 pound mung bean sprouts
  12. 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
  13. 2 limes, cut into wedges
  14. 2 jalapeƱos, thinly sliced
  15. Asian chili-garlic sauce and hoisin sauce, for serving
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Put the onions and ginger on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, or until softened and lightly browned.
  2. Fill a large stockpot with the water and bring to a boil. Add the roasted vegetables and the chicken bones, quartered chicken, salt and sugar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to moderate and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 30 minutes.
  3. Using tongs, transfer the quartered chicken to a plate and let cool slightly. Remove the meat from the bones and refrigerate. Return the skin and bones to the stockpot and simmer for 2 hours longer. Strain the chicken broth into a large soup pot and cook over high heat until reduced to 12 cups, about 15 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce.
  4. In a large bowl of warm water, soak the noodles until pliable, about 20 minutes.
  5. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Drain the noodles, then add them to the saucepan and boil over high heat until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well. Transfer the noodles to 6 large bowls and sprinkle with the scallion. Add the reserved chicken to the broth and simmer until heated through. Ladle the broth and chicken over the noodles. Serve with the bean sprouts, basil, lime wedges, jalapeƱos, chili-garlic sauce and hoisin sauce.
Make Ahead The recipe can be prepared through Step 3 and refrigerated for up to 2 days. 
 
This soup is amazing and perfect with a little hot pepper sauce to clear up you stuffyness. 
What are your favorite things to eat when you are sick? How do you get over the crud? 

Well, I need to go over my class schedule and get my books ready and pull the backpack back out and then take a nap. School starts Monday with 17 hours and a fun hotel lab at the Oklahoma State University Atherton. Have you ever thought to go stay at a hotel run by students? Let me just say the Atherton is a top notch hotel that is just as nice as any other 4 star hotel, located right next to the largest student union in the US!

Okay, now really, I must get ready for class. I cant not be prepared..that will drive me bonkers!

Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment