About Me

I am a typical college girl, I have an amazing love for ORANGE, COWBOYS and my car Cuppie. I do reviews on anything from children, pets, home items all the way to food and make up.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Black Friday Shopping and a new Recipe

Okay, so yes I will admit, I am a crazy black friday shopper. I go every year except for last year since I had knee surgery 2 days prior to it. Let me just say that by far this was my best year yet! I spent under $175 and got a retail value of product of over $450! Heres what I got:
24 Movies (i used coupons on some of them)
3 xbox 360 games
1 xbox wireless controller
1 waffle maker
1 mini chopper
2 liters of shampoo and conditioner 

Cole, his first time ever did great! He spent $260 for about $570ish wroth of product and got the following
xbox 360 with kinect (for me, YAY)
6 or 7 movies (not sure)
1 PS3 game
$50 gift card
6 qt crockpot (for his mommy)
2 bottles of water (should have packed my own, would have saved more $$)

My mom via my sister and I got an awesome one cup coffee maker for about $88ish after tax, but she gets 5% off her bill, PLUS she got a $30 Target gift card, making the coffee maker about $54ish after all savings accounted for!

I feel like I am missing something from his list but not sure. He admits he hates this with a passion but that he got all that stuff for what he would have paid for just my xbox so he is happy. But he is undecided on going next year. Me on the other hand..Im ready to go now!! I LOVE IT!! Not to mention that I got a couple rebates for movies to turn in as well as a couple coupons that I used.

Now after i rested and took a nap and while Cole was at work, I went to CVS and Walgreens to get their great deals! It was a good week for both, I spend $30 and walked away with over $65 in bucks to use later, as well as over $130 in product! I LOVE my coupons and I love Black Friday! I dont know what I would do with out it. Now if only I could get Cole this excited. But we have made progress!

The other day, Cole's mom had him order the stuff he wanted for christmas online. So my little savvy shopper went through ebates, making sure he would get cash back, then he found a coupon, that as he puts it gave me shorts for FREE, plus free shipping! So he will now be getting a new hoodie, shorts and a few bucks back thanks to me! Not sure if he will admit it or not, but it is soo awesome! He has even started getting more into groupons and that type of thing and restaurant.com stuff. I am sooo happy he finally sees how much this can pay off if he sticks with it! Now to get him to do it on a bigger scale..he lives in the basement and theres so much room for a stockpile..now to convince him!

Okay so I promised a recipe and so now I shall spill! Being the holidays and that Eggnog is everywhere I have decided to share with you my favorite breakfast/brunch and Christmas morning meal!

Eggnog Puff Pancake

this is not your normal pancake, its thick like french toast, but has no bread.

6 eggs, beat till frothy
1 1/3 c eggnog
1 c flour
1/3 c butter flavored crisco
1 t nutmeg
toasted almond slivers

Heat over to 425, place the crisco in a 13x9 GLASS pan. Make sure it is HOT HOT, it has to be hot to make the pancake puff.
Forth the eggs, add the egg now, mix on low, add flour and nutmeg, mix on medium till incorporated.
Pull the crisco out of the oven and immediately add the batter
Put back in the oven for 15-20 mins, till puffed and golden brown.
DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN WHILE IT IS COOKING! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

you can make this batter ahead of time, just remix it before you put it in the pan. DO NOT USE BUTTER!

Let me know what you eat on Christmas and if its tradition to do something, I would love to know!!

Hope everyone has a great week. I know I will,  it is BEDLAM and as much as i dislike the classless, tacky and down right rude and uncalled for ou guest. I will remain LOYAL and TRUE to the OSU way and be welcomeing and kind to all of them. Now if yu dont believe me in how they treat us, go look at the tweets Brandon Weeden gets, or the disrespectful and rude comments made when we lost after loosing 2 of our coaches in a plane crash. There are somethings in my life that I would never change even if I had the chance and one of the is being a Cowboy! Nothing is better then being here in a community where no matter what the outcome is, we still LOVE our team, we still WEAR ORANGE and we stand proud and strong next to anyone, not to mention we ALWAYS remember those we lost and that is why I am a  LOYAL AND TRUE OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY FAN, I WILL ALWAYS PROUDLY WEAR MY ORANGE AND BLACK AND REMEMBER EVERY PERSON WHO HAD AN IMPACT ON THIS CAMPUS! GO POKES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment